Guideline Update 2015
New Offshore Petroleum Exploration Guideline
In consultation with industry, states/Northern Territory, the Department of Industry and Science has updated the guidelines for work program exploration.
Launched in conjunction with the 2015 Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release, the 2015 Offshore Petroleum Exploration Guideline (Work Program) update provides:
- increased flexibility in permit management through administrative adjustments
- clarified expectations regarding bidding for a work program exploration permit, particularly in lightly explored areas
- clarified policy aspects of good standing and additional flexibility in the way good standing arrangements may be discharged.
Three guidelines have been consolidated into a single ‘Offshore Petroleum Exploration Guideline (Work Program)’. The single guideline replaces the following:
- Exploration Permit Guideline: Requirements of Bid and Renewal Applications
- Exploration Permit Guideline: Assessment of Bid and Renewal Applications
- Exploration Permit Guideline: Permit Conditions and Administration
The 2015 Offshore Petroleum Exploration Guideline (Work Program) can be found on the National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator’s website – www.nopta.gov.au including a factsheet summarising the changes that have made and transitional arrangements available to existing titleholders.
More information about the changes to the guideline is available by contacting email@example.com.